Ralph Windle ~ A brief Biography
Modern British Poetry from UK Poet, Ralph Windle
Ralph Windle is among many other things, a British poet, who is most widely know for his humorous poems, ballad poems and poetry about business life.
Internationally published author of Poems and Poetry Anthologies
His pen name, under which he has published modern poetry anthologies and and illustrated poetry anthology, is the "Poet Laureate of the boardroom"; Bertie Ramsbottom
A Yorkshire man, born, bred and at school in Sheffield, who went to Oxford and hasn't (yet) gone back home.
FOUNDER/DIRECTOR : THE CREATIVE VALUE NETWORK
EDUCATION, BUSINESS and ACADEMIC CAREER
- Read Greats (Classics and Philosophy) at Oriel College, Oxford.
- Marketing trained with Procter and Gamble. Product Group Manager.
- Became Chief Executive of Biscuit Division and Main Board Director of Nabisco UK.
- Member Nabisco European Management Council.
- Subsequently a Foundation Fellow of Templeton College, Oxford (The Oxford Centre for Management Studies.) International Marketing and Business Strategy.
- Has exercised various Visiting Professor and lecturer/research roles in Europe, South America and the United States; including AGSIM (the American Graduate School of International Management, Arizona); Georgetown University Business School, Washington DC; The International Trade Centre, UNCTAD/GATT, Geneva; Centre for Advanced Technological Studies, Turin; Ecole des Affaires de Paris; Management Centre Europe, Brussels; and others.
- External Adviser (Management Education and EC Policy portfolios) to four successive Directors General of the National Economic Development Office, London; and on projects with the British Association for the Advancement of Science, the European Commission (Competition Directorate), Georgetown Centre for Strategic and International Studies (US) and the ILO (Geneva).
WRITER, SPEAKER and PRESENTER
- Creator of Bertie Ramsbottom in the Financial Times, Harvard Business Review, BBC Radio and other media
- After-Dinner speaker, broadcaster and performer
- Author of past and forthcoming books:-
- 'Public Enterprise in the EEC'
(Sijhoff and Noordhoff 1978 6 volumes
Joint editor with Wm Keyser.).
- 'The Bottom Line'
(Century Hutchinson 1985)
- 'Boardroom Ballads'
(Adler and Adler, USA 1986)
- 'The Poetry of Business Life'
(Berrett-Koehler, USA 1996)
- The 'PEST' (Poetry of Engineering, Science and Technology) Anthology
- 'Two Cultures Revisited'
Ralph Windle: UK Poet, Performance poet uk, Writer, Lecturer, Performer, Educator, Poet, Creator of Bertie Ramsbottom
A talented and insightful uk poet and author of inspirational, motivational, humorous and downright funny business poetry and ballad poems about business, the arts and free thinking.